Terms & Conditions
Please take a moment to read through the terms and conditions for all bookings
Terms and Conditions :
1. To limit the number of people occupying any one property to that stated in the brochure or
website, unless by prior consent with the owner. (Maximum guest Capacity is 10.)
2. To pay a 25% deposit on booking, with the balance payable and a security deposit of
£250, a month before the start of the holiday. If a booking is made less than a month before
the start of the holiday the full rent is payable at the time of booking. Failure to pay any rental
charges will result in the owner treating the property as available for re-letting. The security
deposit is fully refundable once the house has been checked for any damage or theft.
Guests could lose part or all the security deposit in the following circumstances:
- If the property requires excessive cleaning (e.g., more than 2 hours in addition to the norm)
- If there has been excessive use of gas/oil/electricity. Some say it is necessary to give
guidance as to what excessive means. e.g. inform them of the average consumption by
previous guests at the same time of year.
- If there has been an exceptional circumstance, for example sick stains not removed on a
bed or carpet, a wet mattress, stained carpets or walls or soft furnishings.
- Breakages /damage above fair wear and tear
- Failure to return promptly items removed from the property
- Smoking inside the premises (although a smoker may perceive this as a fine, rather than a
payment to cover the cost of extra laundry/cleaning)
- Additional guests
3. To accept that a completed booking agreed by both parties is a binding contract and that
any subsequent amendments must be agreed by both parties in writing
4. To notify any cancellation in writing (email is fine) and pay any monies due. If the
accommodation is re-let at the full rate, a full refund, less a discretionary administration fee,
will be made. If re-let at a lesser rate a partial refund will be made pro rata. If not re-let then
no refund will be made. To safeguard against cancellation charges or other unforeseen
eventualities cancellation insurance should be considered.
Any cancellations due to covid only 25% booking deposit will be retained, if the property
cannot be re let due to government restrictions, then we will issue a full refund.
5. To accept that should the property, subsequent to booking, become unavailable through
any cause, the owner’s liability is limited to the repayment of any rent already paid.
6. To keep any pets, where permitted, under strict control at all times and to accept liability
for any damage caused. Pets must be house-trained and must not be left alone at any time
in or near the accommodation. Animal hairs must be removed from carpets and dogs are not
allowed onto the furniture. Any fouling in the gardens should be cleared. Guests must inform
us in advance before bringing your pet, an extra charge of £30 per dog is applicable. A
maximum of 2 small/medium size dogs allowed in the property.
7. To accept that the responsibility for personal property of guests occupying the
accommodation is solely theirs. All vehicles are also left at the guests’ risk. Also, guests
agree to absolve the Property Owner of any responsibility for any accident or mishap to
persons or property whilst on the premises or whilst engaged in any activity therein, or from
any illness or injury arising from any cause whatsoever.
8. To use the property solely as self-catering accommodation and to accept the owner’s right
to refuse to hand over the property to any person deemed unsuitable to take charge.
Causing a nuisance or disturbance to neighbours or unreasonable behaviour by any
member of the party may result in the owners asking guests to leave.
9. To allow the owners or agents access to the property at all reasonable times.
10. To be responsible for shutting and locking all exterior doors and windows and securing
the property when absent or sleeping.
11. To respect and look after their accommodation during their stay and to leave the
property clean and tidy, with full inventory. Also, to take responsibility for minimising any fire
risk. Electricity and heating should be run at the minimum level required, particularly when
not present at the property.